The Leaders Romans Group Limited (Registered office: Crowthorne House, Nine Mile Ride, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG40 3GZ, Registration Number: 09939099) is committed to protecting your personal information, being transparent about what data we hold and giving you control over how we use it.
What are ‘COOKIES’?
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or application. Your web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari or Google Chrome) then sends these cookies back to the website or application on each subsequent visit so that they can recognise you and remember things like personalised details or user preferences.
Cookies are very useful and do lots of different jobs which help to make your experience on websites as smooth as possible. For example, they let you move between web pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving your experience (see below for more examples). They can also help to ensure that the properties displayed to you are more relevant to you and your criteria.
Cookies are referred to as session or persistent, depending on how long they are used:
- Session cookies only last for your online session and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser.
• Persistent cookies stay on your computer or device after the browser has been closed and last for the period of time specified in the cookie. These persistent cookies are activated each time you visit the site where the cookie was generated.
Which COOKIES do Leaders Romans Group use and Why?
When you use our Digital Channels, the following 4 categories of cookies may be set on your device:
- ‘Strictly necessary’ cookies
These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our websites and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
Some examples of these essential cookies include:
- Remembering previous actions (such as text you’ve entered in a registration form) when navigating back to a page in the same session.
• Identifying you as being signed in and keeping you logged in throughout your visit so that you don’t need to sign in each and every time you visit.
- Functional cookies
These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised which means we can’t identify you personally. They do not gather any information about you or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
We use these types of cookies to improve your experience on our Digital Channels. Some examples of how we do this include:
- Remembering if we’ve already asked you if you want to fill in a survey or if you’ve completed a survey, so you’re not asked to do it again.
• Remembering if you’ve been to the site before so that messages intended for first-time users are not displayed to you.
• Remembering when you’ve voted in a poll or rated a product or article so that you don’t do this more than once during your visit.
• Supporting social media components, like Facebook or Twitter (where a website uses a plugin from these third party platforms, for example).
If you would like a list of the functional cookies used on Leaders Romans Group Digital Channels or have any further questions, you can contact us at email@example.com
- Analytics cookies
In order to keep Leaders Romans Group Digital Channels relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use them. For example, we can see which parts of our Digital Channels are most popular, identify which properties have been viewed online, identify when errors occur and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
These web analytics services may be designed and operated by other companies on our behalf. They do this using small invisible images known as “web beacons” or “tracking pixels” that may be included on Leaders Romans Group Digital Channels. These are used to count the number of times something has been seen. These web beacons are anonymous and do not contain or collect any information that identifies you.
Cookies allow web analytics services to recognise your browser or device and, for instance, identify whether you have visited our Digital Channels before, what you have previously viewed or clicked on, and how you found us. The information is anonymous and only used for statistical purposes. It allows us to track information, such as how many individual users we have and how often they visit our websites. It also helps us to analyse patterns of user activity and to develop a better user experience. For example, we might see that many people who viewed Property A also viewed Property B and we can then recommend Property B to everyone else who viewed Property A.
We use remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future. This means that after visiting Leaders Romans Group you may find advertising banners on other websites associated with your browsing history. The technology behind these services are based on cookies. This is a service offered to suggest services which may be of interest to you. This is an anonymous service and no personal or identifiable information is recorded by this advertising method, however if you do not wish to view these types of adverts you can opt out of these services at the following links: Opt out of Google Display Network retargeting
Web analytics data and cookies cannot be used to identify you as they never contain personal information such as your name or email address.
Other third party cookies.
Please note that on some pages on our Digital Channels you may notice that cookies have been set that are not related to Leaders Romans Group. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, our YouTube / Vimeo videos, these service providers may set their own cookies on your web browser. These anonymous cookies may be set by that third party to track the success of their application or to customise their application to you. Leaders Romans Group do not control the use of these cookies and cannot access them, as cookies can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. Check the third party websites for more information about these cookies.
Commenting on Leaders Romans Group Digital Channels
Some of our websites allow you to leave comments about our Digital Channels. One of the tools we use to enable comments on our websites is provided by a third party. In providing this service, they may set cookies on your web browser to track your use of their commenting tool on Leaders Romans Group Digital Channels. To do this, they may use third-party analytics tools to help measure traffic and usage trends for their commenting tool on an anonymised and aggregate basis.
How to control your COOKIES
However, there are various ways that you can control and manage your cookies which are discussed in more detail below. Please note any settings you change will not just affect Leaders Romans Group cookies. These changes will apply to all websites that you visit (unless you choose to block cookies from particular sites).
Managing cookies in your browser
You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details on how to manage cookies, please read further on how to manage cookies and check your browser settings and options. Most modern browsers will allow you to:
- See what cookies you’ve got and delete them on an individual basis.
• Block third party cookies.
• Block cookies from particular sites.
• Block all cookies from being set.
• Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
You should be aware that any preferences will be lost if you delete cookies, including where you have opted out from cookies, as this requires an opt-out cookie to be set. Blocking cookies completely will mean that many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will be compromised. For this reason we do not recommend turning cookies off when using our Digital Channels.
To find out more about how to manage your cookies follow the links below which take you to the ‘Help’ sections for each of the major browsers:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Google Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Android: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en
- Blackberry: http://support.blackberry.com/kb/articleDetail?ArticleNumber=000003865
Managing analytics cookies
It is possible to opt out of having your anonymised browsing activity within websites recorded by analytics cookies. Leaders Romans Group use the following analytics provider and you can opt out of their cookies by clicking on the following link. Please note that this will take you to the relevant third party’s website and generate a ‘no thanks’ cookie, which will stop any further cookies being set by those third parties.
Once again, please note that by not allowing analytics cookies, we are unable to learn what you like or don’t like about our Digital Channels and thus cannot improve your user experience.
- Google Analytics: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout